USN-4135-1: Linux kernel vulnerabilities
- Canonical Ubuntu 16.04
Peter Pi discovered a buffer overflow in the virtio network backend (vhost_net) implementation in the Linux kernel. An attacker in a guest may be able to use this to cause a denial of service (host OS crash) or possibly execute arbitrary code in the host OS. (CVE-2019-14835)
It was discovered that the Linux kernel on PowerPC architectures did not properly handle Facility Unavailable exceptions in some situations. A local attacker could use this to expose sensitive information. (CVE-2019-15030)
It was discovered that the Linux kernel on PowerPC architectures did not properly handle exceptions on interrupts in some situations. A local attacker could use this to expose sensitive information. (CVE-2019-15031)
CVEs contained in this USN include: CVE-2019-14835, CVE-2019-15030, CVE-2019-15031
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is high unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH xenial-stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 456.x versions prior to 456.25
- 315.x versions prior to 315.97
- 250.x versions prior to 250.110
- 170.x versions prior to 170.133
- 97.x versions prior to 97.159
- All other stemcells not listed.
Users of affected products are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH xenial-stemcells:
- Upgrade 456.x versions to 456.25
- Upgrade 315.x versions to 315.97
- Upgrade 250.x versions to 250.110
- Upgrade 170.x versions to 170.133
- Upgrade 97.x versions to 97.159
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.