USN-4151-1: Python vulnerabilities
- Canonical Ubuntu 16.04
- Canonical Ubuntu 18.04
It was discovered that Python incorrectly parsed certain email addresses. A remote attacker could possibly use this issue to trick Python applications into accepting email addresses that should be denied. (CVE-2019-16056)
It was discovered that the Python documentation XML-RPC server incorrectly handled certain fields. A remote attacker could use this issue to execute a cross-site scripting (XSS) attack. (CVE-2019-16935)
CVEs contained in this USN include: CVE-2019-16056, CVE-2019-16935
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH xenial-stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 456.x versions prior to 456.40
- 315.x versions prior to 315.114
- 250.x versions prior to 250.130
- 170.x versions prior to 170.152
- 97.x versions prior to 97.176
- All other stemcells not listed.
- All versions of Cloud Foundry cflinuxfs3 prior to 0.133.0
Users of affected products are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH xenial-stemcells:
- Upgrade 456.x versions to 456.40
- Upgrade 315.x versions to 315.114
- Upgrade 250.x versions to 250.130
- Upgrade 170.x versions to 170.152
- Upgrade 97.x versions to 97.176
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry deployments run with cflinuxfs3 version 0.133.0 or later.