USN-4154-1: Sudo vulnerability
- Canonical Ubuntu 16.04
- Canonical Ubuntu 18.04
Joe Vennix discovered that Sudo incorrectly handled certain user IDs. An attacker could potentially exploit this to execute arbitrary commands as the root user.
CVEs contained in this USN include: CVE-2019-14287
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH xenial-stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 456.x versions prior to 456.40
- 315.x versions prior to 315.114
- 250.x versions prior to 250.130
- 170.x versions prior to 170.152
- 97.x versions prior to 97.176
- All other stemcells not listed.
- All versions of Cloud Foundry cflinuxfs3 prior to 0.135.0
Users of affected products are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH xenial-stemcells:
- Upgrade 456.x versions to 456.40
- Upgrade 315.x versions to 315.114
- Upgrade 250.x versions to 250.130
- Upgrade 170.x versions to 170.152
- Upgrade 97.x versions to 97.176
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry deployments run with cflinuxfs3 version 0.135.0 or later.