Cloud Foundry Engineering
Earning Committer Status
Being a Committer on many Cloud Foundry projects requires that you are able to work on the project full-time (or close to full-time). Having the support of your employer is important – Committers are typically employed by companies that participate in Cloud Foundry as a member or Certified Platform.
An engineer can earn committer status in one of two ways:
- Active Contributor: Anyone can contribute to Cloud Foundry (with a signed CLA), and we welcome your contributions. Contributors that have demonstrated consistently valuable and high quality contributions may be nominated to become a project committer by the project team.
- Cloud Foundry Dojo (Invitation Only): Cloud Foundry Dojos are physical spaces where Committers work together on the Cloud Foundry platform. The Dojo program is a unique approach to gaining Committer status by working in-person with other Cloud Foundry engineers. Participation typically lasts 6-12 weeks and participants must be onsite at one of eight Dojos worldwide for the duration of the program. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Candidates start with a paired programming interview to assess technical and communication skills.
- Passing candidates are then be placed into one of the project teams (subject to availability).
- At the end of their Dojo experience, candidates may be offered a role as a Committer on the project.