New keynotes in addition to on-site launch of Certified Developer program
SAN FRANCISCO — May 3, 2017 — Cloud Foundry Foundation today announced additional speakers for Cloud Foundry Summit Silicon Valley 2017, which will take place June 13-15 in Santa Clara, CA. This is the industry’s preeminent event for developers looking to increase cloud-native skills, with offerings that include its on-site Developer Certification program and speaking tracks dedicated to Java and Node.js, as well as how to develop in a polyglot environment.
New Speakers include:
- Chip Childers, CTO, Cloud Foundry Foundation will present A Platform for the Enterprise: Where Maturity and Innovation Intersect
- Jessica Criscione, Director of Technology Management at Ogilvy & Mather, will share how the critical selection of developer-focused technology solutions drives the enablement of enterprise marketing efforts
- Björn Goerke, CTO of SAP and President SAP Cloud Platform, will speak about Digital Transformation Delivery with Enterprise-grade Maturity at the Speed of Community
- Karen Holtzblatt, Founder of the Women in Tech Project, will give a presentation on “Why Women Leave Tech: Research & Interventions” and facilitate a panel at the Diversity Luncheon
- Mojgan Lefebvre, SVP & Chief Information Officer for Global Specialty, Liberty Mutual Insurance, will speak about the Leap of Agile Faith: How Liberty Leveraged Agile, Cloud and Product Focus to Rapidly and Successfully Jump into a New Australian Market Segment
- Dr. Kyla A. McMullen, PhD, Assistant Professor, University of Florida, will present the topic Open Source, Open Mind: Sound Solutions for Humanity
- Stephen O’Grady, Principal Analyst and Cofounder at RedMonk, will talk about the strategies developers use to respond to challenges in his presentation Freedom: For Better and For Worse
The three-day Summit will be emceed by seasoned Cloud Foundry community member Kim Bannerman, who will also participate on the Diversity panel alongside Dr. Kyla McMullen; Cornelia Davis, Senior Director of Technology at Pivotal; and Opal Perry, Divisional Chief Information Officer of Claims, Allstate Insurance Company.
Book your hotel at the Hyatt Santa Clara. A discounted room rate is available for attendees until Monday, May 22.
Cloud Foundry users Comcast, HCSC, Humana, Royal Bank of Canada and more will discuss multi-cloud solutions and developer creativity using Cloud Foundry, joining Foundation members from Google, IBM, Pivotal and SAP. The recently announced Cloud Foundry Certified Developer program will go live at the event, with both training and the certification exam offered on-site.
Specialized tracks will be overseen by co-chairs from Foundation members and include:
- Cloud-Native Java: Steve Wall, Senior Architect, ECS Team, and Richard Seroter, Senior Director of Product, Pivotal
- Cloud-Native Node.js: Chris Williams, Co-founder, Emerging Technology Advisors, and Carl Swanson, Offering Manager, IBM Cloud
- Polyglot In-Memory Business Apps: Jan von Löwenstein, Senior Developer, SAP, and Sanjay Patil, Product Manager, Cloud Platform, SAP
- Core Project Updates: Julian Friedman, Product Manager / Software Engineer, IBM and Colin Humphreys, CTO, Cloud, Pivotal
- Experiments & Extensions: Michael Maximilien, Computer Scientist, IBM, and Matt Cowger, Global Director, Field Evangelism & Cloud Native, Global Portfolio Marketing, Dell EMC
- Cloud Foundry in the Enterprise: Savita Raina, Senior Product Marketing Manager, SAP Cloud Platform, and Dormain Drewitz, Director, Product Marketing, Pivotal, and Carl Swanson, Offering Manager, IBM Cloud
Other Keynotes include:
- Abby Kearns, Executive Director, Cloud Foundry Foundation, will present “The Makers of Marvels: How Developers Are Rebuilding the Enterprise, One Brick at a Time”
- Greg Otto, Executive Director of Cloud Services at Comcast, and Mike Crisafulli, Vice President, Products & Platform Services at Comcast, will present on How Comcast is Putting Customers First, Powered by Cloud Foundry
- Opal Perry, Divisional Chief Information Officer of Claims, Allstate Insurance, will speak on Engaging Engineers to Delight the Customer and Drive Business Results
- A panel of Mendix customers will discuss Cloud Foundry and Low-Code: The Whole is Greater than the Sum of its Parts
“We’ve confirmed additional speakers, bolstering our thoughtful, diverse lineup of visionaries at Cloud Foundry Summit,” said Abby Kearns, Executive Director, Cloud Foundry Foundation. “I can’t wait to see this exceptional group share insights across a variety of use cases and technologies. With the on-site Cloud Foundry Certified Developer exam and training, it’s a perfect opportunity for developers of all types to expand their expertise while learning from this incredible bill of speakers.”
Attendees will have access to the new Cloud Foundry Developer Certification (CFDC) at Summit. Performance-based, community-based and independent of any distribution vendor, Cloud Foundry Developer Certification is the guaranteed way to demonstrate cloud skills and allow developers to be highly productive while working on top of Cloud Foundry.
Attendees will join other developers and CIOs to gain first-hand access to Cloud Foundry roadmaps, training and tutorials, and to see how others are using Cloud Foundry to support continuous innovation and application portability.
Cloud Foundry is an open source technology backed by the largest technology companies in the world, including Cisco, Dell EMC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Google, IBM, Pivotal, SAP and SUSE, and is being used by leaders in manufacturing, telecommunications and financial services. Only Cloud Foundry delivers the velocity needed to continuously deliver apps at the speed of business. Cloud Foundry’s container-based architecture runs apps in any language on your choice of cloud — Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, VMware vSphere, SoftLayer and more. With a robust services ecosystem and simple integration with existing technologies, Cloud Foundry is the modern standard for mission critical apps for global organizations.
For more information about Cloud Foundry Summit Silicon Valley 2017 visit https://www.cloudfoundry.org/summit2017/. Or register here: https://www.regonline.com/registration/Checkin.aspx?EventID=1908081&_ga=1.48399909.2085815418.1462986062.
To register for the Resilient Scale/ EngineerBetter CF developer course that is running on Sun/Mon/Tues of Summit week at the conference center, go here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cloud-foundry-for-developers-cf-summit-tickets-33932914260
About Cloud Foundry Foundation
The Cloud Foundry Foundation is an independent non-profit organization formed to sustain the development, promotion and adoption of Cloud Foundry as the industry standard platform for cloud applications. Cloud Foundry makes it faster and easier to build, test, deploy and scale applications. Cloud Foundry is an Apache 2.0 licensed project available on Github: https://github.com/cloudfoundry. To learn more, visit: https://www.cloudfoundry.org.
Cloud Foundry Foundation