CVE-2018-1190: XSS on UAA OpenID Connect check session iframe endpoint
VMware Cloud Foundry
Affected VMware Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- All versions prior to cf-release v270
- No versions of cf-deployment are affected
- UAA release:
- v3.x prior to v3.20.2
- UAA bosh release (uaa-release):
- v30.x versions prior to v30.8
- All other versions prior to v45.0
A cross-site scripting (XSS) attack is possible in the clientId parameter of a request to the UAA OpenID Connect check session iframe endpoint used for single logout session management.
Users of affected versions should apply the following mitigation or upgrade:
- Releases that have fixed this issue include:
- cf-release: 270
- UAA release: 3.20.2
- UAA bosh release: 30.8, 45.0
This vulnerability was responsibly reported by Bosch.
-  https://github.com/cloudfoundry/uaa-release/releases/tag/v30.8
-  https://github.com/cloudfoundry/uaa-release/releases/
2018-01-02: Initial vulnerability report published