CVE-2018-1269: Loggregator does not properly close some TCP connections
Cloud Foundry Foundation
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
- You are using loggregator-release
- Version 89.x prior to 89.5
- Version 96.x prior to 96.1
- Version 99.x prior to 99.1
- Version 101.x prior to 101.9
- Version 102.x prior to 102.2
Cloud Foundry Loggregator, versions 89.x prior to 89.5 or 96.x prior to 96.1 or 99.x prior to 99.1 or 101.x prior to 101.9 or 102.x prior to 102.2, does not handle errors thrown while constructing certain http requests. A remote authenticated user may construct malicious requests to cause the traffic controller to leave dangling TCP connections, which could cause denial of service.
Users of affected versions should apply the following mitigations or upgrades:
- Releases that have fixed this issue include:
- loggregator-release versions 89.5, 96.1, 99.1, 101.9, 102.2
This issue was responsibly reported by the GE Digital Security Team.
2018-06-05: Initial vulnerability report published.