USN-3347-1: Libgcrypt vulnerabilities
- Canonical Ubuntu 14.04
Daniel J. Bernstein, Joachim Breitner, Daniel Genkin, Leon Groot Bruinderink, Nadia Heninger, Tanja Lange, Christine van Vredendaal, and Yuval Yarom discovered that Libgcrypt was susceptible to an attack via side channels. A local attacker could use this attack to recover RSA private keys. (CVE-2017-7526)
It was discovered that Libgcrypt was susceptible to an attack via side channels. A local attacker could use this attack to possibly recover EdDSA private keys. This issue only applied to Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, Ubuntu 16.10 and Ubuntu 17.04. (CVE-2017-9526)
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 3312.x versions prior to 3312.32
- 3363.x versions prior to 3363.29
- 3421.x versions prior to 3421.18
- All other stemcells not listed.
- All versions of Cloud Foundry cflinuxfs2 prior to 1.136.0
OSS users are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH stemcells:
- Upgrade 3312.x versions prior to 3312.32
- Upgrade 3363.x versions prior to 3363.29
- Upgrade 3421.x versions prior to 3421.18
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry deployments run with cflinuxfs2 version 1.136.0 or later.