USN-3356-1: Expat vulnerability
- Canonical Ubuntu 14.04
It was discovered that Expat incorrectly handled certain external entities. A remote attacker could possibly use this issue to cause Expat to hang, resulting in a denial of service.
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 3312.x versions prior to 3312.32
- 3363.x versions prior to 3363.29
- 3421.x versions prior to 3421.18
- All other stemcells not listed.
- All versions of Cloud Foundry cflinuxfs2 prior to 1.139.0
OSS users are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH stemcells:
- Upgrade 3312.x versions prior to 3312.32
- Upgrade 3363.x versions prior to 3363.29
- Upgrade 3421.x versions prior to 3421.18
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry deployments run with cflinuxfs2 version 1.139.0 or later.