USN-3464-1: Wget vulnerabilities
- Canonical Ubuntu 14.04
Antti Levomäki, Christian Jalio, and Joonas Pihlaja discovered that Wget incorrectly handled certain HTTP responses. A remote attacker could use this issue to cause Wget to crash, resulting in a denial of service, or possibly execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2017-13089, CVE-2017-13090)
Dawid Golunski discovered that Wget incorrectly handled recursive or mirroring mode. A remote attacker could possibly use this issue to bypass intended access list restrictions. (CVE-2016-7098)
Orange Tsai discovered that Wget incorrectly handled CRLF sequences in HTTP headers. A remote attacker could possibly use this issue to inject arbitrary HTTP headers. (CVE-2017-6508)
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 3421.x versions prior to 3421.32
- 3445.x versions prior to 3445.17
- 3468.x versions prior to 3468.11
- All other stemcells not listed.
- All versions of Cloud Foundry cflinuxfs2 prior to 1.165.0
OSS users are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH stemcells:
- Upgrade 3421.x versions prior to 3421.32
- Upgrade 3445.x versions prior to 3445.17
- Upgrade 3468.x versions prior to 3468.11
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry deployments run with cflinuxfs2 version 1.165.0 or later.