USN-3498-1: curl vulnerabilities
- Canonical Ubuntu 14.04
Alex Nichols discovered that curl incorrectly handled NTLM authentication credentials. A remote attacker could use this issue to cause curl to crash, resulting in a denial of service, or possibly execute arbitrary code. This issue only affected Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, Ubuntu 17.04 and Ubuntu 17.10. (CVE-2017-8816)
It was discovered that curl incorrectly handled FTP wildcard matching. A remote attacker could use this issue to cause curl to crash, resulting in a denial of service, or possibly obtain sensitive information. (CVE-2017-8817)
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 3421.x versions prior to 3421.34
- 3445.x versions prior to 3445.19
- 3468.x versions prior to 3468.13
- All other stemcells not listed.
- All versions of Cloud Foundry cflinuxfs2 prior to 1.171.0
OSS users are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH stemcells:
- Upgrade 3421.x versions prior to 3421.34
- Upgrade 3445.x versions prior to 3445.19
- Upgrade 3468.x versions prior to 3468.13
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry deployments run with cflinuxfs2 version 1.171.0 or later.