USN-3513-1: libxml2 vulnerability
- Canonical Ubuntu 14.04
It was discovered that libxml2 incorrecty handled certain files. An attacker could use this issue with specially constructed XML data to cause libxml2 to consume resources, leading to a denial of service.
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 3312.x versions prior to 3312.50
- 3363.x versions prior to 3363.45
- 3421.x versions prior to 3421.35
- 3445.x versions prior to 3445.21
- 3468.x versions prior to 3468.15
- All other stemcells not listed.
- All versions of Cloud Foundry cflinuxfs2 prior to 1.176.0
OSS users are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH stemcells:
- Upgrade 3312.x versions to 3312.50
- Upgrade 3363.x versions to 3363.45
- Upgrade 3421.x versions to 3421.35
- Upgrade 3445.x versions to 3445.21
- Upgrade 3468.x versions to 3468.15
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry deployments run with cflinuxfs2 version 1.176.0 or later.