USN-3547-1: Libtasn1 vulnerabilities
- Canonical Ubuntu 14.04
It was discovered that Libtasn1 incorrectly handled certain files. If a user were tricked into opening a crafted file, an attacker could possibly use this to cause a denial of service. This issue only affected Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. (CVE-2017-10790)
It was discovered that Libtasn1 incorrectly handled certain inputs. An attacker could possibly use this to cause Libtasn1 to hang, resulting in a denial of service. This issue only affected Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and Ubuntu 17.10. (CVE-2018-6003)
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 3363.x versions prior to 3363.49
- 3421.x versions prior to 3421.39
- 3445.x versions prior to 3445.25
- 3468.x versions prior to 3468.22
- All other stemcells not listed.
OSS users are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH stemcells:
- Upgrade 3363.x versions to 3363.49
- Upgrade 3421.x versions to 3421.39
- Upgrade 3445.x versions to 3445.25
- Upgrade 3468.x versions to 3468.22
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.