USN-4038-4: bzip2 regression
- Canonical Ubuntu 14.04
USN-4038-1 fixed a vulnerability in bzip2. The update introduced a regression causing bzip2 to incorrect raises CRC errors for some files. This update provides the corresponding update for Ubuntu 12.04 ESM and 14.04 ESM.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Original advisory details:
It was discovered that bzip2 incorrectly handled certain files. An attacker could possibly use this issue to execute arbitrary code.
CVEs contained in this USN include: CVE-2016-3189, CVE-2019-12900
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH trusty-stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 3586.x versions prior to 3586.144
- 3541.x versions prior to 3541.138
- 3468.x versions prior to 3468.145
- All other stemcells not listed.
Users of affected products are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH trusty-stemcells:
- Upgrade 3586.x versions to 3586.144
- Upgrade 3541.x versions to 3541.138
- Upgrade 3468.x versions to 3468.145
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.