USN-3806-1: systemd vulnerability
- Canonical Ubuntu 16.04
- Canonical Ubuntu 18.04
Felix Wilhelm discovered that the systemd-networkd DHCPv6 client incorrectly handled certain DHCPv6 messages. In configurations where systemd-networkd is being used, an attacker on the same network could use this issue to cause systemd-networkd to crash, resulting in a denial of service, or possibly execute arbitrary code.
CVEs contained in this USN include: CVE-2018-15688
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH xenial-stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 170.x versions prior to 170.6
- 97.x versions prior to 97.33
- All other stemcells not listed.
- All versions of Cloud Foundry cflinuxfs3 prior to 0.35.0
Users of affected products are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH xenial-stemcells:
- Upgrade 170.x versions to 170.6
- Upgrade 97.x versions to 97.33
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry deployments run with cflinuxfs3 version 0.35.0 or later.