USN-4040-1: Expat vulnerability
- Canonical Ubuntu 16.04
- Canonical Ubuntu 18.04
It was discovered that Expat incorrectly handled certain XML files. An attacker could possibly use this issue to cause a denial of service.
CVEs contained in this USN include: CVE-2018-20843
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH xenial-stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 315.x versions prior to 315.64
- 250.x versions prior to 250.79
- 170.x versions prior to 170.107
- 97.x versions prior to 97.132
- All other stemcells not listed.
- All versions of Cloud Foundry cflinuxfs3 prior to 0.108.0
Users of affected products are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH xenial-stemcells:
- Upgrade 315.x versions to 315.64
- Upgrade 250.x versions to 250.79
- Upgrade 170.x versions to 170.107
- Upgrade 97.x versions to 97.132
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry deployments run with cflinuxfs3 version 0.108.0 or later.