The countdown to the first-ever Watson Developer Conference is on. In less than one month, developers, students and entrepreneurs will be coming to the Innovation Hangar in San Francisco to learn how to drive innovation through cognitive app development. I’m here to give you a behind-the-scenes look at what you can expect at the DevCon and why you can’t afford to miss it.
- REASON #1: Experience Watson services on Bluemix with hands-on labs:Stop by our hands-on labs and learn how to get started with Watson services, kick-start your app and become a Bluemix pro. And not to worry, Watson and Bluemix experts will be on-site to help answer questions and even bounce your latest and greatest app ideas off of. Plus, don’t miss your chance to become one of the first certified Watson Application Developers to increase your experience for your next app.
- REASON #2: Hear from industry experts on cognitive app development:Whether you work in Node, Python, Java or Swift, check out our talks and see how different Watson services on Bluemix can come together to infuse cognitive capabilities into apps to solve complex industry problems. From live coding on-stage to deep-dive spotlights, Watson DevCon is your chance to hear how others are using Watson services today and what new capabilities will be coming next. I personally can’t wait to attend the flash talk ‘Interactive, Intelligent Environments: Now for Everyone’ on November 9.
- REASON #3: Enter to win the Watson Bot Competition, or watch bots go head-to-head during the competition:That’s right. It’s time to let your bot speak for itself. This competition is your chance to showcase your bot and win prizes. A panel of judges will be rapidly choosing winners in a head-to-head, tournament-style display. And, remember, this is a BYOB (bring your own bot) event.
- REASON #4: Learn how to control a BB-8 using your mind:Using an Emotiv Insight headset, a Sphero BB-8 Droid and IoT services on Bluemix, discover how you can use your mind to move a BB-8 Droid in the activation zone. Get access to the code and learn how you can build your own innovative apps. Be sure to check out the other cool demos in the zone, too.
- REASON #5: Spend time with your peers:From working with the latest tech in AI, to sitting back and watching bots go head-to-head, Watson DevCon provides you with the great opportunity to network with other developers looking to deliver the next generation of cognitive-enabled apps. Share ideas, trade code samples and get guidance from experts leading development of cognitive technology.
Join us in San Francisco on November 9th and 10th. Get hands-on with Watson services. Learn from industry experts and meet other developers like you. Plus, with the code
DEVCONBM15, you can register for the conference today with a 15% discount.