SAP uses Cloud Foundry open source technology to deliver SAP Cloud Platform, an enterprise-grade PaaS. As a founding platinum member of the organization, we are proud to sponsor the upcoming Cloud Foundry Europe Summit 2020.
SAP Cloud Platform is an integration and extension platform built for the Intelligent Enterprise that enables you to connect your landscape and create application extensions that focus on your business needs.
Gartner recently named SAP a Leader in the 2020 Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Integration Platform as a Service (EiPaaS), as well as a Leader in the 2020 Magic Quadrant for Multiexperience Development Platforms (MXDP).
The Cloud Foundry environment on SAP Cloud Platform serves as the foundation for our Multi-Cloud Strategy. Using Cloud Foundry technology and partnering with leading hyper-scale infrastructure providers like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google, and Alibaba Cloud, SAP Cloud Platform has been able to rapidly achieve the global reach with its 15+ (and counting) data centers.
With SAP Cloud Platform, you can:
- Leverage a multi-cloud foundation for your intelligent enterprise
- Choose the infrastructure provider and the programming language/framework (Java, Node.js, Python, Go..) based on preferences
- Simplify development application extensions with ready-to-go content, services, and low-code, pro-code, or cloud-native development options
- Bridge disconnected systems and processes by accelerating integration
- Extend business value by consuming SAP Ecosystem innovations
SAP continues to actively contribute to the Cloud Foundry codebase. Together with our partners from the Cloud Foundry Foundation, SAP has been driving the evolution of Cloud Foundry with its move towards Kubernetes.
Mark your calendars on October 21-22 for the Cloud Foundry Europe Summit 2020. Come talk to our SAP product experts at the event!