USN-3891-1: systemd vulnerability
- Canonical Ubuntu 16.04
- Canonical Ubuntu 18.04
It was discovered that systemd incorrectly handled certain D-Bus messages. A local unprivileged attacker could exploit this in order to crash the init process, resulting in a system denial-of-service (kernel panic).
CVEs contained in this USN include: CVE-2019-6454
Affected Cloud Foundry Products and Versions
Severity is medium unless otherwise noted.
- Cloud Foundry BOSH xenial-stemcells are vulnerable, including:
- 250.x versions prior to 250.17
- 170.x versions prior to 170.38
- 97.x versions prior to 97.65
- All other stemcells not listed.
- All versions of Cloud Foundry cflinuxfs3 prior to 0.62.0
Users of affected products are strongly encouraged to follow one of the mitigations below:
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends upgrading the following BOSH xenial-stemcells:
- Upgrade 250.x versions to 250.17
- Upgrade 170.x versions to 170.38
- Upgrade 97.x versions to 97.65
- All other stemcells should be upgraded to the latest version available on bosh.io.
- The Cloud Foundry project recommends that Cloud Foundry deployments run with cflinuxfs3 version 0.62.0 or later.