Deadline for nominations is Tuesday, September 1, 2020, at 11:59 PM PST.
It’s all happening! The dates for Cloud Foundry EU Summit have been announced, the CFP is open and now we’re seeking nominations for program chairs to co-chair Summit tracks.
Summit will be held over two afternoons on October 21st and 22nd on Central European Summer Time with the goal of bringing together long-time contributors and developers with more recent community members in an interactive, educational atmosphere. Program co-chairs will help curate a program that fosters collaboration among attendees and offers interactive platform education. Co-chairs will help program content for the following tracks:
- Contributor track: Geared towards current and prospective Cloud Foundry contributors. Topics may revolve around core project updates, roadmap reviews, and proposals and discussions about the platform’s future.
- Developer Experience track: Focused on the developer experience delivered by Cloud Foundry. Topics may include app developer experience, platform operator experience, end user stories, guides for using Cloud Foundry with various languages/frameworks, and demonstrations of integrations with CI/CD and other developer tools.
- New to Cloud Foundry track: Geared towards folks with little or no experience with Cloud Foundry, and may include introductions to CF architecture, introductions to buildpacks, and comparison with other technologies.
- Lightning Talk Demos with Feedback: Short sessions on specific features or applications to generate buzz in the community and collect feedback.
Responsibilities of program chairs:
Each track will have two co-chairs who review the submissions to the CFP and select the content and flow best suited for their track and the community. The events team will manage all speaker logistics, communications, and publishing the schedule.
Each co-chair receives a conference pass to Cloud Foundry Summit.
Here are a few questions that may come up as you consider nominating yourself or a peer; if you have a question that hasn’t been answered yet, please reach out in the #summit channel in Cloud Foundry Slack and tag @debgiles!
- What is the timeline for nominations? Nominations open Thursday, August 27 and will close on Tuesday, September 1. Voting will take place the following week and co-chairs will be announced on Thursday, September 10, 2020.
- What is the time commitment to be a co-chair? Around 10-20 hours from September 14-18 for session reviews and schedule-building prior to Cloud Foundry Summit.
- As a co-chair, can I submit a speaking proposal to other tracks or the track I’m chairing? Yes. The proposals you submit to other tracks are treated the same way as any other submission. If you submit a proposal to a track you are chairing, the other co-chair will vote on your proposal.
- How are the co-chairs selected? Community members vote to elect co-chairs. The Foundation staff counts votes to select the final co-chairs for each track, keeping in mind employer diversity, co-chair willingness and making sure each individual is not a co-chair on more than one track.